Data Governance Manager (m/f/d) Great Lakes Germany - Data Governance Manager (m/f/d)
As a specialty provider of primary insurance services, Great Lakes Insurance SE (GL) is an integral part of Munich Re Group closely connected to Munich Re's reinsurance core business.
The data governance manager will be reporting to GL's CDO (chief digital officer) and supporting GL with introducing and running a comprehensive data governance framework, including implementing the target operating model, managing the virtual data office organisation and establishing appropriate data quality management processes. The scope hereby covers both GL's delegated authority and the single risk business, in all locations.
The role provides an exciting opportunity for any ambitious and self-motivated individual who enjoys exploring the multifaceted world of data within Munich Re.
- Establishing and running a hub-and-spoke-based (virtual) data office organisation
- Developing, introducing and continuously enhancing a data governance framework for GL which supports business needs and complies with regulatory expectations
- Developing and introducing GL's data governance policies as a set of rules to safeguard crucial data
- Actively supporting data quality management from a conceptual as well as from an operational perspective, including developing appropriate processes and tools
- Collecting requirements from the business domains with regard to the data office
- Preparing and moderating the overarching data committees (e.g. data owner committee)
- Establishing measures to monitor compliance with the data governance requirements
- Driving development of data capabilities and data-driven company culture in line with GL's data vision
- Good understanding of data management technologies and practices, including data modelling, data warehousing, data quality and metadata management
- Solid background in (primary) insurance, ideally combined with good knowledge of the relevant compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Experience in project management, ability to lead (virtual) cross-functional project teams and to set clear priorities in a complex environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for building relationships with stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Practical experience in data management, data governance or a related field
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated personality with strong technical understanding and problem-solving abilities
- Experience from a data architecture and or data science background and familiarity with the relevant data management tool stack (i.e. Alation, Informatica, etc.) is desirable
As the world's leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel. Together we embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation. Sounds like you? Make it happen and be part of Munich Re.
- You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modeled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
- You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
- We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
- You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working leveraging digitalization to deliver solutions
- Join us, and experience that we lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
Katrin Posse • HR Business Partner
Königinstraße 107 • 80802 München • GERMANY
Munich Re not only stands for fairness with regard to its clients; it is also an equal opportunity employer. Severely disabled candidates will also be prioritised, if equally qualified.